Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Spoiler Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» David Harbour
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Season 3 Final Trailer
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am by DamnGoodBabysitter

» Dark Horse Comics 'Stranger Things' Discussion
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am by hoogie

» STRANGER THINGS 3's Biggest Mystery Is Hiding in D&D
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am by LastSummersSweetheart

» Exclusive: David Harbour knows how Stranger Things ends and says it's "beautiful"
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» The OA Discussion
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» Season 3 Official Trailer
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Cast on S3
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am by Mike Wheeler

» Mad Max (Maxine Mayfield)
Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution

2 posters

Go down

Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution Empty Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution

Post by LastSummersSweetheart Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm

https://deadline.com/2018/07/stranger-things-season-3-plans-emmy-nominations-david-harbour-shawn-levy-1202425760/

The anticipated third season of Netflix’s smash hit Stranger Things is “definitely going to yet darker still, places that I think audiences are going to really love,” executive producer and director Shawn Levy said Thursday after the series received 12 Emmy nominations. “It’s got so much heart and humor.”

Speaking in the aftermath of scoring another slew of noms this morning, including its second consecutive Outstanding Drama Series nom, Levy added he’s been shooting in Georgia for weeks and the season is “shaping up really, really well.”

David Harbour, who snagged a Supporting Actor nom, hinted that the season will be inspired by some “epic” movies of 1985, but said he would “get in trouble” if he revealed which ones.

“If you’re a real fan of Stranger Things and you really want to know,” he said, “I would go look at the great films that were released in ’85, of which there were many, and just go down that list and think of the possibilities that we could be going with. I think it is a specific season to 1985, and so you’ll see references to that.”

Describing Season 1 as “very Stephen King-y” while Season 2 was “more Spielberg-y,” Harbour added: “We’re experimenting a lot this season, and we’re taking risks, and I hope that they pay off but they are risks. We’re going into territories we’ve never been to before, and it’s exciting.”

Season 3 will also see Harbour combine versions of his character Jim Hopper that we saw in the first and second seasons.

“We had a little softer season with Jim in Season 2,” he said, “where he was really working off these fatherly instincts and understanding a responsibility that was larger than himself, and I think one of the things that we missed from Season 1 was this guy who goes into government facilities and punches people in the face. He’s not a doofus, but he’s a bit of a Columbo character.”

He said the third season will see a combination of the more daring Hopper, along with the softer, more fatherly version. “There was a sort of swashbuckling guy that we put on the back burner,” he said, “so I think we’ll see a little more of the swashbuckling Hopper you may have liked from Season 1. It’s almost like [Season] 1 plus two, equals three. It’s like you have this third character now, who goes back to the swashbuckling guy of Season 1, but also has behind him this adopted daughter who he loves very much, so it’s really cool.”
LastSummersSweetheart
LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution Empty Re: Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution

Post by Mike Wheeler Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 am

I thought I heard before this upcoming season was going to be a little lighter, more like season 1.  I guess that's only from Noah's point of view.  They must be giving him a break and he isn't included in the darker stuff.

I wonder who the unlucky one will be this time.  Weird feeling it'll be Mike and Eleven.  Considering Eleven just royally pissed off the Mindflayer.
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution Empty Re: Stranger Things’ Shawn Levy & David Harbour On Darker, Riskier Season 3 And Jim’s Evolution

Post by LastSummersSweetheart Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I know there was some mention of Erica and her friends getting more focus this year, so maybe to do with that?
LastSummersSweetheart
LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wheeler Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 am

LastSummersSweetheart wrote:I know there was some mention of Erica and her friends getting more focus this year, so maybe to do with that?
I have a feeling they are going to kill someone major this season.  For the most part, the main characters have been safe, and after the first season we never really felt afraid for the mains.  I don't think that is going to be the case this time around.  

I personally think Lucas or Dustin might be in danger, and Jonathan might be as well.  The whole series we have (and the characters) been afraid of Will being the Byers to die.  But they might throw a curve ball and have Jonathan go instead.

It's looking like season 4 is going to be the final season, so I can see this season having a lot of stuff go wrong to set the stage for the finale.
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down