Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Spoiler Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» David Harbour
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Season 3 Final Trailer
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am by DamnGoodBabysitter

» Dark Horse Comics 'Stranger Things' Discussion
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am by hoogie

» STRANGER THINGS 3's Biggest Mystery Is Hiding in D&D
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am by LastSummersSweetheart

» Exclusive: David Harbour knows how Stranger Things ends and says it's "beautiful"
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» The OA Discussion
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» Season 3 Official Trailer
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Cast on S3
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am by Mike Wheeler

» Mad Max (Maxine Mayfield)
Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details!

+3
Steve Harrington
NerdyGirl
Mike Wheeler
7 posters

Go down

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Empty Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details!

Post by NerdyGirl Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Original article here: https://www.elitedaily.com/p/how-many-episodes-does-stranger-things-season-3-have-we-finally-have-new-details-8013263

We are still pretty fresh off the insanity of Stranger Things Season 2, but the team behind the supernatural hit already has Season 3 all planned out. Executive producer Shawn Levy spilled the first details about the upcoming season of Stranger Things to Glamour earlier this week, including how many episodes Stranger Things Season 3 will have, which characters will be getting central roles, and what kind of Upside Down monster will be terrorizing Hawkins this time.

Shawn Levy shared that the overall storyline for Season 3 has already been worked out, and now they are just finishing up the scripts. In terms of episode count, the new season will continue the show's trend of keeping its seasons really short. Stranger Things Season 1 was eight episodes long, and the second season slightly upped that to nine episodes — Levy confirmed that the third season will the same length as the first two, adding that they never try to hit a certain episode mark but rather continue with a story until it reaches an end that feels organic:
It'll be an eight or nine-episode season. The number of episodes will be dictated by the amount of story that excites us. We now know what is going to happen in season three to every character.

With all the characters' stories planned out for the third season, Shawn Levy revealed details about which Hawkins residents will step into the spotlight in Season 3, and which ones will take a bit of a breather for now. Most notably, after two seasons of putting Will Byers through hell, Hawkins' resident Upside Down survivor is going to get a break in the new season. Levy said that Season 3 will be the first season of the series in which Will is not at the center of all the terrifying, supernatural action. With Will taking a bit of a back seat, Levy teases that two characters we will be seeing more of in Season 3 are Dustin Henderson and Steve Harrington. The two characters formed an unlikely friendship in Season 2 that immediately became one of the highlights of the season, and now Levy says that the Stranger Things team wants to explore that connection even more, and see them become more like brothers in the new season.

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! 53741479-9772-4d4c-8d80-eac367eb4d60-27-stranger-things-steve-dustinw1200h630
Netflix
So we have some idea about who will be taking up the helm of Season 3, but what new danger will come out of the Upside Down? At the end of Season 2, fans got a glimpse of the Mind Flayer, the tentacled shadow monster that Eleven managed to seal into the Upside Down in the season finale. While that creature still looks super threatening, Shawn Levy said that Hawins is going to be "dealing with forces of evil that are new" in Season 3 of Stranger Things. We have no clue exactly what that means right now, but I guess we are going to see something other then a Demogorgon or Mind Flayer wreaking havoc on Hawkins when the show comes back.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait a while before we can actually see Season 3 of Stranger Things for ourselves. Shawn Levy said that the production team is currently looking at the end of 2018 or the start of 2019 for the season premiere date. So yeah... it sounds like Stranger Things fans still have about a full year of waiting to do before we actually get to see any new episodes. There's also the possibility that this could be one of the final seasons of the show; a few months ago, co-creators the Duffer brothers hinted that they want the show to last four seasons, and then Levy added that a fifth season could be possible, but beyond that was unsure. I guess we better savor every bit of Stranger Things we get!

Last edited by NerdyGirl on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Empty Re: Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details!

Post by Eleven Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:38 am

Thanks for posting this! I can’t wait for season 3, and I love how strong Eleven is becoming. She’s really growing up, and I also can’t wait to see more of Steve and Dustin’s friendship. This show is really spectacular, and while I wish the seasons were longer I cherish what we receive. I’d be extremely sad to see this show end in a few seasons, but I’d love for the story to close on a bright note.
Eleven
Eleven

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Empty Re: Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details!

Post by Mike Wheeler Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:33 am

I demand more Mike!
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:42 pm

More Hop and Joyce please 

and more Dustin and Steve!!! Smile 

and Jonathan and Nancy Pancy! Lol
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleven Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 am

Yes we definitely need more mike, Dustin, Joyce, hopper, Nancy, and Jonathan. It’s nice to see will as he’s a good kid. But, it’ll be nice to see him finally get a break from the madness!
Eleven
Eleven

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Empty Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details!

Post by Steve Harrington Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 am

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed!

We finally know how many episodes Stranger Things‘ forthcoming third season will consist of and, sadly, it’s less than Eleven.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Netflix’s ’80s phenom will produce eight episodes in Season 3, down one installment compared to Season 2’s nine-episode haul but in line with Season 1’s total. Production is slated to begin in mid April.

What else do we know about Season 3? Not much, although series co-creators the Duffer Brothers did previously confirm that the action would jump ahead a year (presumably) to 1985, when Goonies and Back to the Future were all the rage. “Even if we wanted to hop into the action faster, we couldn’t,” Matt Duffer told THR. “Our kids are aging. We can only write and produce the show so fast. They’re going to be almost a year older by the time we start shooting Season 3… [so] it forces you to do a time jump.”  

Returning for Season 3 are series regulars Winona Ryder (Joyce), David Harbour (Jim), Finn Wolfhard (Mike), Noah Schnapp (Will), Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven), Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas), Gaten Matarazzo (Dustin), Cara Buono (Karen), Natalia Dyer (Nancy), Charlie Heaton (Jonathan), Joe Keery (Steve), Dacre Montgomery (Billy), and Sadie Sink (Max).

Last edited by Steve Harrington on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleven Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 am

Every episode in both seasons 1 & 2 was written beautifully. So, I have no doubt in my mind that this new season will be amazing as well. I’m quite thankful that this show has short seasons, because then we get such an amazing story. I’m very excited to see what happens next. Thanks for posting this Steve! Dustin2Eleven
Eleven
Eleven

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:34 am

Eleven wrote:Every episode in both seasons 1 & 2 was written beautifully. So, I have no doubt in my mind that this new season will be amazing as well. I’m quite thankful that this show has short seasons, because then we get such an amazing story. I’m very excited to see what happens next. Thanks for posting this Steve! Dustin2Eleven
I agree! 8 episodes is pretty much perfect and it probably allows them to spend more money some and with extended episodes it evens out.
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wheeler Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:31 am

I am glad they are not forcing the show to stick to a short time period like TWD did.  The kids are definitely getting older, and it'd be weird now to see Mike as a 14 year old.  The actor looks 17 lol.

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Finn-Wolfhard-2018-Seventeen-Mexico-Cover-Photo-Shoot-001

Poor Noah though.  He's the tiny one of the group.
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

I wish they had done at least 10 Sad
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Count (Finally) Revealed + Season 3 Details! Empty 'Stranger Things' season 3 details are trickling out

Post by NerdyGirl Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 am

Article here: https://www.cnet.com/news/stranger-things-third-season-details-are-trickling-out/
Netflix confirms the number of episodes and when production will start. But load up on Eggos because viewers still have a long wait.

The third season of "Stranger Things" is still a year away, but details, however small, are starting to trickle out.  

The next season of Netflix's hit 1980s-set science fiction-horror series will, sadly, be one episode shorter than season 2. Netflix confirmed to CNET that season 3 will consist of eight episodes, the same as the first season. Season 2 was nine episodes long. (Although some fans intentionally may choose to forget episode 7, "The Lost Sister," a controversial story in which Eleven tracks down a mysterious fellow alum of Hawkins Lab.)

The premium streaming service also confirmed that production will begin in mid-April.
The news was first reported by TVLine.

Co-showrunner Matt Duffer has already said the third season will take place in 1985, advancing a year from the end of season 2.

"Even if we wanted to hop into the action faster, we couldn't," Duffer told The Hollywood Reporter in October. "Our kids are aging. We can only write and produce the show so fast. They're going to be almost a year older by the time we start shooting season 3. It provides certain challenges. You can't start right after season 2 ended. It forces you to do a time jump. But what I like is that it makes you evolve the show. It forces the show to evolve and change, because the kids are changing."
No release date for the third season has been confirmed, but star David Harbour (police Chief Jim Hopper) has said it'll "probably" be 2019, which makes sense based on an April filming start.
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 am

oh good!! definitely can't wait to see more of these two!! thank you for posting!!
jessica
jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

jessica wrote:oh good!! definitely can't wait to see more of these two!! thank you for posting!!
You are so welcome! Smile
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ElevenHopper Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 am

I hope to see more Eleven and Hopper together/bonding moments but also more Jonathan and Steve
ElevenHopper
ElevenHopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim88 Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:05 am

NerdyGirl wrote:With all the characters' stories planned out for the third season, Shawn Levy revealed details about which Hawkins residents will step into the spotlight in Season 3, and which ones will take a bit of a breather for now. Most notably, after two seasons of putting Will Byers through hell, Hawkins' resident Upside Down survivor is going to get a break in the new season. Levy said that Season 3 will be the first season of the series in which Will is not at the center of all the terrifying, supernatural action. With Will taking a bit of a back seat, Levy teases that two characters we will be seeing more of in Season 3 are Dustin Henderson and Steve Harrington. The two characters formed an unlikely friendship in Season 2 that immediately became one of the highlights of the season, and now Levy says that the Stranger Things team wants to explore that connection even more, and see them become more like brothers in the new season.
I'm so glad to read this. First thing I said when I heard about the third season coming up was that they couldn't put poor Will through more upside down drama. Poor kid's suffered enough Razz. And more Dustin and Steve! Yay! cheers
Kim88
Kim88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down