Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Spoiler Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» David Harbour
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Season 3 Final Trailer
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am by DamnGoodBabysitter

» Dark Horse Comics 'Stranger Things' Discussion
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am by hoogie

» STRANGER THINGS 3's Biggest Mystery Is Hiding in D&D
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am by LastSummersSweetheart

» Exclusive: David Harbour knows how Stranger Things ends and says it's "beautiful"
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» The OA Discussion
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» Season 3 Official Trailer
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Cast on S3
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am by Mike Wheeler

» Mad Max (Maxine Mayfield)
Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Westworld (HBO Series)

+3
Steve Harrington
Mike Wheeler
NerdyGirl
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SPOILER New Trailer Teaser

Post by Alabama Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

SPOILER Re: Westworld (HBO Series)

Post by hoogie Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 am

Can't wait!
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

SPOILER Westworld 2 Official Trailer

Post by Alabama Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 am

Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 am

Alabama wrote:

Wow.

So much in two minutes.  Yes to Shogun World!!

Love the version of Heart Shaped Box too.  There's so many things that I love about this show.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alabama Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Same! I'm excited for it's return. Between WW, HMT & another show returning in April I'm screwed lol
Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you! You can add to OP if you want Smile
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:56 am

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/03/westworld-shogun-world-description/

Westworld reveals new details about mysterious Shogun World

Westworld has at last confirmed its feudal Japan-themed park is called Shogun World (two words it turns out, not one), and has now released a couple intriguing new details.

HBO’s Delos Destinations viral marketing “corporate site” for the sci-fi theme park updated Monday with this description:

For those for whom Westworld is not enough, the true connoisseur of gore can indulge their fantasies with the slash of a katana. Modeled after Japan’s Edo period, Shogun World offers a chance for guests to embrace their inner warrior, in a landscape of highest beauty and darkest horror. Let your true self take shape in the land where self-discovery is an art form.

This description contains a potential big hint about “Park 2,” suggesting Shogun World may be considered an even more violent and intense fandom experience than the original Westworld park.

As EW previously reported, Oscar nominee Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim) has joined the show’s cast as a geisha in Shogun World.

The site has also teased the park with this image:

Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F03%2Fwestworld
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

SPOILER Westworld creators break silence on 'spectacular' Shogun World plans

Post by Alabama Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 am

Westworld (HBO Series)  - Page 2 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F02%2F21597236872394328

James Hibberd
April 09, 2018 AT 10:17 AM EDT

The ultra-secretive showrunners of Westworld are finally ready tell us a little about Park 2. EW spoke exclusively to writer-producers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy about the HBO sci-fi hit’s new world based on feudal Japan. The park’s existence was first teased in the drama’s debut season finale 16 months ago, and ever since has been a source of considerable fan excitement and speculation. Until recently, however, nobody even knew what this land filled with lethal katana-swinging androids was even called.
With Westworld set to return to HBO for its second season on April 22 (trailer here), we asked Nolan and Joy a few of our biggest burning questions about the introduction of Shogun World.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Michael Crichton’s original 1973 film showed a Medieval World and Roman World in addition to the Western theme park. What made you go a very different direction and introduce Shogun World instead?
JONATHAN NOLAN: Part of the reason we’re going to Shogun World instead of to Roman World or Medieval World is, yes, you saw those in the original film. But also if you’re doing a theme park, you wouldn’t limit it to the Western European or North American experience. You’d try to reach a global audience. So the idea is you have a texture here that’s totally different.
And selfishly, it comes down to being obsessed with Japanese cinema as a kid and earnestly wanting to make an homage to Akira Kurosawa and the other films I grew up watching. My older brothers and I watched Sergio Leone Westerns and Kurosawa’s classic samurai films and were fascinated to discover they had the same plot. You had this wonderful call and response between these two genres — with the gunslinger and the ronin. They have identical tropes but are set within different cultures. Frankly, this was just a great excuse to go and make a samurai movie with all the trimmings.
LISA JOY: For me, it’s also personal. I grew up in Asia, and I remember as a little kid being in Taiwan watching films there and being so awed by these new worlds of entertainment. You saw new talents with the actors, new fighting styles, new types of wardrobe. It was exhilarating to me. So we looked to all our [department heads] to make sure we had the full thrill of exploring Shogun World … researching hair and production design and costume, working with choreographers who were skilled at fighting styles we haven’t seen before, and of course working with incredible talent, from Hiroyuki Sanada and Rinko Kikuchi, and the other actors that we cast and the extras filling it out. It was wonderful to see that world come alive.

You’ve announced Shogun World is based on the Edo period (1603-1867) but, like with Westworld, I assume you’re not too strict about that because it is, after all, a theme park? 
NOLAN: This is a world that’s a composite — just as Westworld is a composite with the early-19th-century open range of Red River and the immediate post-Civil War era of The Searchers, but it also has trains. We felt free to have a composite with Shogun World and pick and choose. This is basically the Edo period, but with artifacts from across 300 years.

The social media tease has suggested Shogun World is a level up and even more violent than Westworld. What can you tell us about that?
NOLAN: In addition to Kurosawa films, which are plenty bloody, I grew up watching the Sonny Chiba films — those are the ones Tarantino is riffing on in his films with the superfluidity of gore and mayhem; this sense of an alternately brutal and beautiful world that raises the volume on what the guests might be looking for. It wasn’t just about gore, it’s also about being immersive. We wanted to feel like our story dropped into a totally different world. Basically, we have a whole episode in Japanese.
JOY: It’s not our world. It’s their world, and it’s thrilling to walk through.

Do each of you have a favorite classic or neo-classic Asian cinema title? 
JOY: Jonah will name some beautiful classic, and I have a soft spot for the films I watched as a kid in Taiwan. They were kung fu films about the Monkey King based on these classic Chinese novels. The English version is called Journey to the West. It’s about the tale of the Monkey King going after these biblical scrolls.
NOLAN: I would be torn between The Seven Samurai, which is the greatest film ever. I also loved Hiroshi Inagaki’s Samurai Trilogy, which also starred Toshiro Mifune — who is my favorite movie star of all time — and details the life of the most famous Japanese swordsman, who’s sort of a King Arthur-like figure. There’s quite a lot from those movies woven through Shogun World. Hiroyuki’s character is based in honor of (Inagaki’s Samurai Trilogy character), and some of our set decoration choices and costumes were in homage to Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island, which is the most f—ing rad duel in any movie ever. But as with the Western, there are pieces from all over the place.
JOY: We definitely have a lot of cool Japanese weaponry cluttering up our offices now.

What do you want to say about how much we’ll see of Shogun World this season? 
NOLAN: We want to try and gently temper expectations. Most of our season is spent in Westworld — the eponymous Westworld. But we do get a chance to glimpse some of the other worlds. And we have a couple of episodes that are spent in Shogun World with one of our storylines, while our other storylines continue elsewhere. So I say we’re trying to temper expectations, except to say that I think the stuff we did for Shogun World is spectacular.

Westworld returns to HBO on April 22.

EW.com
Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am

Beat me to it!  I can't wait to see Shogun World.  I'm surprised how much info they've been giving out prior to the premiere.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 am

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/09/westworld-creators-want-to-prevent-spoilers-by-spoiling-all-of-season-2/

The creators of HBO’s Westworld have come up with a crazy solution in order to stop the drama’s upcoming second season from being spoiled: They apparently want to spoil the entire thing ahead of the premiere.

Yes, you read that correctly.

On Monday, co-creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy released a statement on the Westworld subreddit via Nolan’s personal Reddit account in which they shared their desire to stop fan theories from spoiling the new season (a.k.a. what happened in season 1) by posting a video that reveals everything that happens in season 2.

“If you guys agree, we’re going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front,” wrote Nolan and Joy. “That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler.”

Westworld‘s season 1 story was an intricate mystery box; however, it was so well plotted that fans were able to guess all of the twists before they were actually revealed, and many outlets would report on these fan theories, unintentionally spoiling the plot in the process. Nolan and Joy’s plan to prevent this from happening again was inspired by HBO’s other big-budget drama, Game of Thrones. In the statement, the executive producers noted that “fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).”

But the proposed Westworld plan hasn’t been set into motion yet. Nolan and Joy will only release the video if their post receives 1000 upvotes. At the time of publishing, it had 640.

When reached for comment, HBO told EW, “This is an initiative from the WESTWORLD showrunners. We suggest you stay tuned to Reddit for their next move.”

While we will closely be monitoring the situation, something tells us Nolan and Joy’s idea could quite possibly be a stunt. Read the entire statement below and decide for yourself:

Hey Reddit!

Many thanks for your great questions and thoughts. As I’ve said before, I’ve been a member of the reddit community for years (no I’m not going to share my original username…). And I greatly enjoyed watching the friendly folks at this subreddit guess the twists and turns of the season.

It creates a larger problem for us, though, in terms of the way your guesswork is reported online. ‘Theories’ can actually be spoilers, and the line between the two is confusing. It’s something we’ve been thinking about since last season. The fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).

We thought about this long and hard, and came to a difficult (and potentially highly controversial) decision. If you guys agree, we’re going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front. That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler.

It’s a new age, and a new world in terms of the relationship between the folks making shows and the community watching them. And trust is a big part of that. We’ve made our cast part of this decision, and they’re fully supportive. We’re so excited to be in this with you guys together. So if this post reaches a 1000 upvotes we’ll deliver the goods.

Hasta victoria siempre!

Jonah and Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------

Updated at 1:17 a.m. ET: We were suspicious when Westworld co-creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy posted on Reddit and announced that they were considering releasing a video containing all of the twists and turns from season 2 in an attempt to prevent spoilers, so it wasn’t a total surprise to discover late this evening that they had indeed played a practical joke on fans.

Nolan and Joy promised that if their original post received at least 1000 upvotes, they would “deliver the goods.” So on Monday night, Nolan surfaced on Reddit again, where he shared a YouTube link along with this message: “We left this in your hands. Some may feel this is a drastic step, but I, for one, love and trust this community.” A Rickroll is a bit drastic, but we can’t deny that their Westworld season 2 primer is clever (and kinda funny). Check it out:

hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 pm

I cant wait. the closer it gets the happier I am. it has been so long!!! <3 

I want to see Dolores kick some more ass this season lol
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 am

NerdyGirl wrote:I cant wait. the closer it gets the happier I am. it has been so long!!! <3 

I want to see Dolores kick some more ass this season lol

Same here.  I started watching the first season over again last weekend and it's such a well done show.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wheeler Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 pm

hoogie wrote:http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/09/westworld-creators-want-to-prevent-spoilers-by-spoiling-all-of-season-2/

The creators of HBO’s Westworld have come up with a crazy solution in order to stop the drama’s upcoming second season from being spoiled: They apparently want to spoil the entire thing ahead of the premiere.

Yes, you read that correctly.

On Monday, co-creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy released a statement on the Westworld subreddit via Nolan’s personal Reddit account in which they shared their desire to stop fan theories from spoiling the new season (a.k.a. what happened in season 1) by posting a video that reveals everything that happens in season 2.

“If you guys agree, we’re going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front,” wrote Nolan and Joy. “That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler.”

Westworld‘s season 1 story was an intricate mystery box; however, it was so well plotted that fans were able to guess all of the twists before they were actually revealed, and many outlets would report on these fan theories, unintentionally spoiling the plot in the process. Nolan and Joy’s plan to prevent this from happening again was inspired by HBO’s other big-budget drama, Game of Thrones. In the statement, the executive producers noted that “fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).”

But the proposed Westworld plan hasn’t been set into motion yet. Nolan and Joy will only release the video if their post receives 1000 upvotes. At the time of publishing, it had 640.

When reached for comment, HBO told EW, “This is an initiative from the WESTWORLD showrunners. We suggest you stay tuned to Reddit for their next move.”

While we will closely be monitoring the situation, something tells us Nolan and Joy’s idea could quite possibly be a stunt. Read the entire statement below and decide for yourself:

Hey Reddit!

Many thanks for your great questions and thoughts. As I’ve said before, I’ve been a member of the reddit community for years (no I’m not going to share my original username…). And I greatly enjoyed watching the friendly folks at this subreddit guess the twists and turns of the season.

It creates a larger problem for us, though, in terms of the way your guesswork is reported online. ‘Theories’ can actually be spoilers, and the line between the two is confusing. It’s something we’ve been thinking about since last season. The fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).

We thought about this long and hard, and came to a difficult (and potentially highly controversial) decision. If you guys agree, we’re going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front. That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what’s ‘theory’ and what’s spoiler.

It’s a new age, and a new world in terms of the relationship between the folks making shows and the community watching them. And trust is a big part of that. We’ve made our cast part of this decision, and they’re fully supportive. We’re so excited to be in this with you guys together. So if this post reaches a 1000 upvotes we’ll deliver the goods.

Hasta victoria siempre!

Jonah and Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------

Updated at 1:17 a.m. ET: We were suspicious when Westworld co-creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy posted on Reddit and announced that they were considering releasing a video containing all of the twists and turns from season 2 in an attempt to prevent spoilers, so it wasn’t a total surprise to discover late this evening that they had indeed played a practical joke on fans.

Nolan and Joy promised that if their original post received at least 1000 upvotes, they would “deliver the goods.” So on Monday night, Nolan surfaced on Reddit again, where he shared a YouTube link along with this message: “We left this in your hands. Some may feel this is a drastic step, but I, for one, love and trust this community.” A Rickroll is a bit drastic, but we can’t deny that their Westworld season 2 primer is clever (and kinda funny). Check it out:

I love how they trolled with that trailer
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:59 am

The best kind of Rickroll!!!
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

SPOILER HBO Press Release (with 2x01-2x05 Titles/Descriptions)

Post by Alabama Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:56 pm

EMMY®️-WINNING DRAMA SERIES WESTWORLD RETURNS FOR ITS SECOND SEASON APRIL 22, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO
The Emmy®️-winning drama series WESTWORLD returns for its ten-episode second season SUNDAY, APRIL 22 (9:0010:10 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO. A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the birth of a new form of life on Earth, the show was created for television by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, who are also executive producers.

The returning cast includes: Evan Rachel Wood (Dolores), Thandie Newton (Maeve), Ed Harris (Man in Black), Jeffrey Wright (Bernard), James Marsden (Teddy), Tessa Thompson (Charlotte), Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (Armistice), Clifton Collins Jr. (Lawrence), Luke Hemsworth (Stubbs), Louis Herthum (Peter Abernathy), Simon Quarterman (Lee Sizemore), Talulah Riley (Angela), Rodrigo Santoro (Hector Escaton), Angela Sarafyan (Clementine), Shannon Woodward (Elsie), Ben Barnes (Logan), Jimmi Simpson (William), Leonardo Nam (Felix Lutz) and Ptolemy Slocum (Sylvester).

New cast members for the second season include: Fares Fares (Antoine Costa), Katja Herbers (Grace), Gustaf Skarsgård (Karl Strand), Hiroyuki Sanada (Musashi), Peter Mullan (James Delos), Rinko Kikuchi (Akane), Zahn McClarnon (Akecheta), Tao Okamoto (Hanaryo), Betty Gabriel (Maling), Jonathan Tucker (Craddock), Julia Jones (Kohana) and Kiki Sukezane (Sakura).

Episodes include:

Episode #11 (season 2, episode 1): “Journey into Night”

Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 22 (9:00–10:10 p.m. ET/PT)
The puppet show is over, and we are coming for you and the rest of your kind. Welcome back to Westworld.
Written by Lisa Joy & Roberto Patino; directed by Richard J. Lewis.

Episode #12 (season 2, episode 2): “Reunion”

Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 29 (9:00–10:00 p.m.)
Why don’t we start at the beginning?
Written by Carly Wray & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Vincenzo Natali.

Episode #13 (season 2, episode 3): “Virtù e Fortuna”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 6 (9:00–10:00 p.m.)
There is beauty in who we are. Shouldn’t we, too, try to survive?
Written by Roberto Patino & Ron Fitzgerald; directed by Richard J. Lewis.

Episode #14 (season 2, episode 4): “The Riddle of the Sphinx”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 13 (9:00–10:10 p.m.)
Is this now? If you’re looking forward, you’re looking in the wrong direction.
Written by Gina Atwater & Jonathan Nolan; directed by Lisa Joy.

Episode #15 (season 2, episode 5): “Akane No Mai”

Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 20 (9:00–10:00 p.m.)
(Welcome to Shogun World)
Written by Dan Dietz; directed by Craig Zobel.
Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:26 am

What did everyone think of the season premiere?  

I thought it was great.  They definitely gave me a lot to think about in terms of where they're going this year.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

SPOILER HBO RENEWS WESTWORLD FOR A THIRD SEASON

Post by Alabama Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm

HBO RENEWS WESTWORLDFOR A THIRD SEASON

[size=30]Following the show’s recent season-two premiere, HBO has renewed the Emmy®️-winning drama series WESTWORLD for a third season, it was announced today by Casey Bloys, president, HBO Programming.[/size]

[size=30]“It’s been an extraordinary pleasure to work with the exceptionally talented Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, as well as their gifted cast and crew,” noted Bloys. “From the inspired storytelling to the incredible visuals, we are so excited to see where the next chapter will take us.”[/size]

[size=30]WESTWORLD returned for its ten-episode second season Sunday, April 22. A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the birth of a new form of life on Earth, the show was created for television by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, who are also executive producers. The show debuted on HBO in Oct. 2016 to become the network’s most-watched freshman series ever.[/size]

[size=30]Time [/size][size=30]called WESTWORLD “one of the biggest shows on earth,” while [/size][size=30]Entertainment Weekly[/size][size=30]hailed the show as “brilliant” and “enthralling.” [/size][size=30]Newsday [/size][size=30]termed it “explosive,” “smart” and “engaging,” while [/size][size=30]Salon[/size][size=30] cited the “outstanding performances” and the [/size][size=30]Hollywood Reporter[/size][size=30] called the series “thrilling” and “massively entertaining.”[/size]

[size=30]Season two credits: WESTWORLD was created for television by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, who are executive producers with J.J. Abrams, Richard J. Lewis, Roberto Patino[/size][size=30], Athena Wickham and Ben Stephenson. Production companies, Kilter Films and Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television; [/size][size=30]based on the film [/size][size=30]w[/size][size=30]ritten by Michael Crichton.[/size]
Alabama
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed May 02, 2018 5:54 am

No surprise there, but it's great news!
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Fri May 04, 2018 11:59 pm