Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Spoiler Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» David Harbour
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 5:35 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Season 3 Final Trailer
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am by DamnGoodBabysitter

» Dark Horse Comics 'Stranger Things' Discussion
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:36 am by hoogie

» STRANGER THINGS 3's Biggest Mystery Is Hiding in D&D
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am by LastSummersSweetheart

» Exclusive: David Harbour knows how Stranger Things ends and says it's "beautiful"
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:49 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» The OA Discussion
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

» Season 3 Official Trailer
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am by hoogie

» Stranger Things Cast on S3
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 9:27 am by Mike Wheeler

» Mad Max (Maxine Mayfield)
Westworld (HBO Series)  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 pm by LastSummersSweetheart

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Westworld (HBO Series)

+3
Steve Harrington
Mike Wheeler
NerdyGirl
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPOILER Westworld (HBO Series)

Post by NerdyGirl Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:44 pm

This thread is for discussion of the hit HBO TV series called Westworld. I have included the most recent trailer for season 2 below! Feel free to comment and discuss the show in the comments section Smile 

New Season 2 Trailer!

There was another trailer, in that trailer:

Last edited by Alabama on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added new trailer)
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

SPOILER Re: Westworld (HBO Series)

Post by Mike Wheeler Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:34 pm

I finished this last week and I have to say I am looking forward to the sequel.  However, I am not sure how good it will be.  The mystery is no longer present.
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Mike Wheeler wrote:I finished this last week and I have to say I am looking forward to the sequel.  However, I am not sure how good it will be.  The mystery is no longer present.
I am super excited because I am hoping we get Samurai world and the Roman world characters too. I think that would be really cool Smile
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm really excited and I want to see what the man in black does this season.
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wheeler Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Steve Harrington wrote:I'm really excited and I want to see what the man in black does this season.
He and Ford are my favorite characters.

I also think the robot kid has more to his character than meets the eye.  

Spoiler:
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Mike Wheeler wrote:
Steve Harrington wrote:I'm really excited and I want to see what the man in black does this season.
He and Ford are my favorite characters.

I also think the robot kid has more to his character than meets the eye.  

Spoiler:
Agreed and Abernathy is back that will be interesting!
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:57 am

I feel like I need to rewatch season one because I have no idea what robot kid your referring to lol I watched season 1 so long ago I feel like I forgot some of the characters.
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Roman Cavalry Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 pm

i can't wait
Roman Cavalry
Roman Cavalry

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 am

Roman Cavalry wrote:i can't wait
same
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolsy Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:31 am

NerdyGirl wrote:I feel like I need to rewatch season one because I have no idea what robot kid your referring to lol I watched season 1 so long ago I feel like I forgot some of the characters.
It was the kid from Ford family when he was young in the cottage where we discovered that
Spoiler:
was robot
he the young Ford was there often
Foolsy
Foolsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolsy Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:33 am

I like the show so much can wait for the next season home the two timelines was brilliant hope they make something similar this season too to make it thrilling again
Foolsy
Foolsy

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am

Foolsy wrote:I like the show so much can wait for the next season home the two timelines was brilliant hope they make something similar this season too to make it thrilling again
I agree 100%
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:04 am

The trailer looks really good.  There are some hints that they might show Samurai World, which would be cool.  I'm not in a rush to see other worlds though.  There's still plenty that they can do in Westworld.

I've got to rewatch the last season, but I'm trying to wait until closer to.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 am

im ready for samurai world too lololololol
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:23 pm

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/28/westworld-season-2-characters/

They've revealed the fates of several characters.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 pm

hoogie wrote:http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/28/westworld-season-2-characters/

They've revealed the fates of several characters.
awesome! Smile
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:02 am

Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 am

Cannot wait for this season!!
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:45 am

It's not much, but EW posted this about what we thought would be Samurai World.  According to the season 1 finale script, it's called Shogun World.  Not much, but it's something.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/02/westworld-season-2-shogun-world/
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Wheeler Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:13 am

hoogie wrote:It's not much, but EW posted this about what we thought would be Samurai World.  According to the season 1 finale script, it's called Shogun World.  Not much, but it's something.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/02/westworld-season-2-shogun-world/
That name makes more sense honestly.  Samurai were just a very specific group/class of people.
Mike Wheeler
Mike Wheeler
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am

SXSW is happening right now, and they've built an awesome mini Sweetwater out in the middle of nowhere near Austin.

One of the editors from IGN went through it, and it sounds amazing.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/03/11/we-went-to-westworld-in-real-life-and-it-was-bonkers-sxsw
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I cant wait!! we have waited so long for season two and its almost here!!!
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:19 pm

https://mashable.com/2018/03/23/westworld-find-the-door-secret-website-season-2-theory-guide/#OuoBAbW4hZqI

The Hidden Westworld Website Drove Us Insane - Here's Everything We Discovered

Westworld (HBO Series)  Https-11

Being a fan of Westworld eagerly awaiting Season 2 is starting to feel like a conspiracy to make us all lose our minds. And we probably have. And it's all thanks to HBO's viral marketing, which is essentially an alternate-reality game that has us chasing down cryptic hidden messages.

The latest addition has proven to be the toughest puzzle to crack yet. But we're here to help.
Embedding hints into companion websites isn't new for Westworld — the Super Bowl trailer had plenty of them. But the most recent promo dropped by HBO's Twitter caused a ruckus when all the Westworld actors started egging fans on to take a closer look. 

That was enough of a clue for people to discover a line of code hidden in the glitches, which took them to a whole new website with new Season 2 footage and a tantalizing prompt: Find the door. 
Westworld (HBO Series)  Xevf5510
What does it all mean? No one has any clue. But we tried. We went down every rabbit hole — er, I mean door — so you didn't have to:

1. Forget the maze. Season 2 is all about the Door.

As we know, Season 1 was about the mission to find a maze. As it turns out, the maze was less a physical puzzle and more like an internal key to unlocking the latent consciousness of every host — which in turn caused Dolores' robot uprising.
Recently, Entertainment Weekly confirmed that "The Door" is the title for Season 2.
In the newly discovered website, we see Season 1 footage of characters walking through doors. Then there are new shots from Season 2, as the voice of young Ford (who, you'll remember, the real Ford turned into a creepy ass little boy host), taunts, “But now you’re in my game—and this game is Find the Door."

Reminder: The maze and robot mutiny of Season 1 was all part of Ford's plan. He wanted to die at the hands of his newly sentient creations. So clearly, baby Ford was programmed to help carry out the next phase of the plan after his real-life counterpart's death.

Co-creator Jonathan Nolan told EW, "If the first season was a journey inward, this is a journey outward. This is a search for what is else is beyond the park, and what else is in the park. Are there more parks? How big is the park? What’s beyond the park?"
Which lead us to...

2. ShogunWorld (and the other four parks) will be a big factor

Hollywood Reporter broke the news on the name of the new theme park (previously coined Samurai World) hinted at in Season 1. And this quite literally opens the door to a host of new opportunities for the show.
According to Nolan:
The reason we went with the shogun, Imperial Japanese motif for that world is in large part because of the beautiful relationship you had between the golden age Westerns and the golden age samurai films. As soon as Akira Kurosawa would make a film, it would get remade with cowboys. The idea that those stories worked in two very distinct genres and languages, and the relationship between those genres, to me was irresistible as an homage to how Kurosawa was responsible for some of the greatest Westerns of all time.
[size]
That's all very cool — but how does it factor into the plot of Season 2?
Westworld (HBO Series)  Giphy
Well, after the Super Bowl trailer, the Delos Destinations website revealed that there will be six parks total. And each one will be a door to a new frontier. The "Door" title might indicate that the big Season 2 twist will be a transition into ShogunWorld. Since it's the park that's been most heavily teased (in the Season 2 promos, the Delos website, and in Season 1), we suspect we won't be visiting any of the other four parks yet. But they could very well be the basis of every new season of Westworld — as we travel deeper into Delos alternate worlds.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Because that's also way too literal an interpretation of the Door for such a cerebral show.
SEE ALSO: All the details you missed in the 'Westworld' Season 2 Super Bowl trailer
The title likely also doubles as a metaphor for a door to the real world. In the Season 1 footage of opening doors, almost all are instances of someone opening a door in the real world, entering the "alternate reality" of Westworld, or coming to some realization about reality (you followin' us?).
So, is Ford's ultimate plan to create hosts that don't just have human consciousness, but actually surpass it — a la Spike Jonze's 2013 film Her? We wouldn't be surprised if the entire series' arc was about the hosts literally reaching a new form of consciousness — and creating a "new" reality.
Which leads us to that final cryptic message at the end of the "Find the Door" clip.

3. Aeden knows something — and is trying to keep it from us

For the uninitiated (AKA the sane): Aeden is the bot that greets every visitor of the Discover Westworld website. He's been helping fans unlock secrets through a private chat box since 2016.
Westworld (HBO Series)  Giphy
You can ask Aeden a bunch of different things and, if you do it right, it leads to hints, glitches, and cryptic messages. Not all of them are friendly.

The "Find The Door" clip ends with Aeden saying that "we" (presumably the robots, or hosts) will find the door — before glitching out and warning that, "But they will try to first." Who's "they?" Presumably, it's us regular old meat bags, or the human creators of Westworld.
But one Redditor discovered that typing "chaos" "takes" control" to Aeden separately reveals a new message: "We needed time... to understand our enemy... to become stronger than them." WTF?!
SEE ALSO: 'Westworld' creators settle fan debates over who actually died in Season 1
The "they" and "enemy" Aeden is referring to could also mean some even higher, shadowy Westworld investor, using the park to reach some nefarious goal tied to that mysterious Door. Season 1 revealed that the US military is investing in Delos, presumably to weaponize their host tech (remember the shot of that terrifying, super-powered white robot from the last trailer?).
If the Door really is the key to a higher consciousness or form of being, then the world's most powerful secret organizations (ILLUMINATI ANYONE?!) would, of course, want to unlock it first.
Or maybe we're just going insane — honestly we can't tell anymore!!! Please send a technician to give us a hard reboot!!!

[/size]
NerdyGirl
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 am

Wow that's a lot of info.  The first season was one of my favorite things in a long time, so I really have high hopes for this new season.
hoogie
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Evan Rachel Wood Says ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Is Something That’s ‘Never Been Done’ Before on TV (Exclusive)
Westworld (HBO Series)  Evan_rachel_wood_john_p._johnson

Evan Rachel Wood is back for more violent delights, and seemingly violent ends, on Westworld season two.
“I was blown away,” she recalls of getting the first script of the season. “I thought, OK, well, let's see how we ease back into this, you know? But they waste no time. I mean, we hit the ground running in a way that I don't think anybody saw coming.”

ET caught up with the 30-year-old actress at a press day for the HBO hit, where she admitted to being in “utter disbelief” about where the story is going this season.

“We're not picking up exactly where we left off,” she teases. Westworld’s first season ended with a literal bang as Wood’s “host,” Dolores, channeled one of her other personalities, Wyatt, to shoot and kill Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins), essentially Westworld’s architect, at an event celebrating the park.

“We're going to pick up in the aftermath a bit, and we're going to see, definitely in the first episode, where Dolores is at with herself, her many selves,” Wood shares. “It's the hardest thing I've ever done. I spoke to [showrunners] Jonah [Nolan] and Lisa [Joy] before season two started to kinda say, 'OK, so, where is Dolores now? Is there anything I can watch? Are there any references?' Like, 'What tone are you going for?' And Jonah just goes, 'I don't think there's ever been a character like this,' and I go, 'Great! Oh, cool. No pressure! It's never been done.'”

“So, it really was interesting finding where she is, and who she is now,” Wood adds. “What I love about the character is that I think, there's endless possibility. She can be whoever she wants to be, so.”

Wood compares Dolores to Jekyll and Hyde, saying her biggest challenge in season two was figuring out how to play someone who has access to multiple selves all at once.

“It was really intense,” Wood says. “I also thought I was coming back and playing, like, somebody with the soul of a man. Like, Wyatt was a man and I was going to have this-- but then they reminded me that Wyatt can also be a girl's name.”

Fans got their first look at the new season during Super Bowl LII, when a minute-and-a-half long teaser debuted during a commercial break. In the spot, Dolores announces, “Look at this world, this beautiful world. We built this world together, a world where dreams come true. A world where you can be free, but this world is a lie. This world deserves to die, because this is your world. We’ve lived by your rules long enough. We can save this world. We can burn it to the ground, and from the ashes, build a new world. Our world.”

Now, Wood says Dolores’ speech in the promo might be a bit of a red herring, admitting to ET that she’s not sure if Dolores’ mission this season is, in fact, to destroy Westworld.
“It's always more complicated than you think,” she offers. “I think she definitely wants her freedom, and she wants access to the world that's been denied to her. I don't know if her endgame is destroying it yet or not. I think that's something we're gonna explore a bit more.”

Helping Dolores to explore the future of Westworld is her love interest, Teddy (James Marsden).
“I think this season, for them, it's going to be the first time that they're really interacting off-script, you know?” Wood shares, “and finding out what their relationship is, now that there are no barriers and no narratives, and if that love is real, you know, or just imagined.”

“I think there is code of Teddy's that he's retained, and a lot of that is his loyalty and allegiance and love and affection for Dolores,” Marsden tells ET. “But, that's not to say that doesn't get challenged this season. I think they're going through a considerable phase of growth, and we'll see where they go.”

“Even though certain things are programming, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not real, you know?” Wood says. “Just 'cause you program love doesn't mean it doesn't feel like love.”

Viewers will also get to see Wood team up with Maeve (Thandie Newton), who at the end of season one seemed to be on a mission to track down her daughter, who may or may not exist.

“That's the assumption, and it's an assumption,” Newton teases. “As far as I guess, Maeve knows, or we know, she has a degree of command over what she's doing. But because I'm so flummoxed by, you know, the second season, in a really good way, you know, it's like I'm really paying attention now. I'm really paying attention. Like, in season one I was just, like, emotionally it was like I was on a trip, you know, like a spiritual trip with Maeve and now I'm like, my brain is kicked right in with season two.”

Westworld returns to HBO for season two -- which Wood and Marsden describe as “complete chaos” and a “revolution” -- on Sunday, April 22. For more on the show, check out the videos and links in the original article. 

source:
http://www.etonline.com/evan-rachel-wood-says-westworld-season-2-is-something-thats-never-been-done-before-on-tv-exclusive?linkId=49711130
Steve Harrington
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next