Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Stephen King’s The Stand to be adapted as 10-hour limited series by CBS All Access: Report

Go down

Stephen King’s The Stand to be adapted as 10-hour limited series by CBS All Access: Report

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:56 pm

It was more than two years ago that director Josh Boone (The Fault In Our Stars) revealed that his rumored four-film adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand was being shelved in favor of his take on latter-day King novel Revival. Neither have come to fruition, however, as Boone’s been in the midst of reshoot hell for his horror-centric riff on X-Men: The New Mutants. Now, buried at the bottom of a new report from Tracking Board about how Boone’s New Mutants delays aren’t as dire as they might sound, is a nugget about The Stand being developed as a 10-hour series for CBS All-Access.

“[Boone’s] still attached to direct an adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand, which we hear is coming together as a ten-hour limited series at CBS All Access,” the report reads. This makes sense, as it was previously reported that rights for the property reverted back to CBS Films after Warner Bros. failed to make progress with previous iterations from David Yates and Ben Affleck.

While a long-form series has always been the way to go with King’s 1,200-page post-apocalyptic masterpiece, its affiliation with CBS is somewhat disappointing. Fans already got a neutered, if still occasionally affecting, version of the story with ABC’s 1994 four-part miniseries, and the material demands an adaptation that won’t be limited by the strictures of network television. We remain optimistic, however, as Boone’s passion for the project is well-documented.

“The movies based on King’s books that don’t work so well are the ones that don’t take the heart of the characters that beat in the books,” Boone said in 2016. “I’m a huge John Carpenter fan, but on Christine, there’s an aching sadness and deep character development in the book that’s just not in that movie. What I’d like to do is Anthony Minghella-depth adaptations of King’s books, if that ambition makes sense.”

Stay tuned for our next episode of Consequence of Sound‘s own Stephen King podcast, The Losers’ Club, in which we’ll discuss these developments further. In the meantime, revisit our own four-part series on The Stand.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/stephen-kings-the-stand-to-be-adapted-as-10-hour-limited-series-by-cbs-all-access-report/
LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen King’s The Stand to be adapted as 10-hour limited series by CBS All Access: Report

Post by hoogie on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:34 am

I'm not sure how to feel about it being on All Access.  On one hand, The Good Fight is on that network, and there's the occasional f-bomb on that show.  It doesn't seem like a good fit for a series like this to be on network tv.  I guess anything is better than nothing, if it means we finally get to see this come to life.
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Re: Stephen King’s The Stand to be adapted as 10-hour limited series by CBS All Access: Report

Post by Jim Hopper on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 am

I just watched the old one a few weeks ago....
Jim Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:22 am

@Jim Hopper wrote:I just watched the old one a few weeks ago....

How does it hold up?  I reread the book a couple years ago, but never watched the series, in case it wasn't that great.
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:03 pm

I haven't read the book in years, I should re-read it myself.
LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdyGirl on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:45 pm

@hoogie wrote:

How does it hold up?  I reread the book a couple years ago, but never watched the series, in case it wasn't that great.
the old mini series, in my opinion is ACES. I absolutely love it and I read the book at least once a year and love it. 
The Stand is my all time favorite SK novel and one of my favorite novels period. The original mini series does a great job….I really really really love it. I highly recommend it. 

I'll watch this if it comes out. if it sucks I wont mind because the first series was amazing and I always have there book
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hoogie on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:34 am

@NerdyGirl wrote:
@hoogie wrote:

the old mini series, in my opinion is ACES. I absolutely love it and I read the book at least once a year and love it. 
The Stand is my all time favorite SK novel and one of my favorite novels period. The original mini series does a great job….I really really really love it. I highly recommend it. 

I'll watch this if it comes out. if it sucks I wont mind because the first series was amazing and I always have there book

Thanks!  I've got to check that out.
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by ysolde on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

@NerdyGirl wrote:
@hoogie wrote:

Good lord, @NerdyGirl!  I think you and I were separated at birth.  I, too, wreathe novel once a year or so.  I also own the old miniseries, which I love, and watch it every once in awhile.  Something about the casting really calls to me.  I think the fact that Rob Lowe was cast against type as a deaf-mute Everyman (hello, his name is Andros!) who quite literally cannot talk his way out of anything, and who gently befriends a giant of a man who is mentally challenged and deeply in touch with his spirituality intrigued me.  The Molly Ringwald role is underwritten in the series (a shame, given that the Frannie character in the novel is given quite a lot of depth for a young female lead in King).  Absolutely love the Walking Dude, though I rarely got the sense of dread from him that I got in the novel.  Love the supporting cast.  Love.  Right down to the dog.
ysolde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum