Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Yvonne Strahovski

Go down

Yvonne Strahovski

Post by NerdyGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:50 am

Discuss all things Yvonne below! Smile 
NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Paleyfest 2018 Red Carpet Questions

Post by Alabama on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Yvonne Strahovski, one of the stars on The Handmaid’s Tale, on the red carpet at PaleyFest. Photo by: Brian To for the Paley Center

Media: Playing somebody as complicated as Serena is, how has that informed you in how you interact with people who have different ideals from you?

YS: Well it’s just been, it’s really complicated because there’s a lot about Serena – everything about Serena – that I jive with really, so that continues to challenge me all the time. You know, that’s why it’s important to put as much humanity in her as possible because there’s so many things that are inhumane about her. But yes, I was just saying before, I’ve seen certain scenes from episodes, as far as episode 6, when I watch Serena, I watch myself doing certain things, and I’m reminded of real-life people on the news that I see that I don’t agree with, so it’s really, it’s interesting when you’re in that scenario playing someone that you’re not aligned with, in that sense.

Media: Three words to describe season two?

YS: Breathtaking, devastating and roller-coaster.

Media: What’s been the most meaningful part of being part of the show and cast?

YS: I think the most meaningful thing about it is that the show has had such a huge impact on people and it’s beyond what entertainment usually does, which is entertain. I just feel like it’s been something that has touched people in a certain way that you do really rarely get and that’s been the brightest thing to come out of it, is the conversations that you get to have, both on-camera and off-camera – people who are affected in life by certain things that the show parallels.

Paleyfest 2018 Red Carpet Questions
Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down