Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Staff Online Now

Friends List

Your favorite foreign travel stories

Go down

Your favorite foreign travel stories

Post by new2ST on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 am

Foreign travel means, you actually left your residence country and went to another country. In my case, it would be the USA, and Canada is considered a "foreign country" despite the fact we are so similar.

My favorite story? Probably the WEIRDEST story is that when I took my trip around the world, we had a plane stop in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. They would NOT let us off the plane to do anything. WTF? I found that extremely weird. So, for a few hours, we had to sit on the plane and wait til we could transfer to our new plane (or just get off the plane). Only thing I can think of, is that back in 1997 they were extremely worried about security, which makes no sense because they could watch us in the terminal.

I thought of this topic because in a bit over 100 hours, I fly to Berlin for a much-dreamed-of vacation to my father's family's origin country. I love to travel. I hope you get to travel soon, if you enjoy travel too!   Very Happy

Steve
new2ST

https://ecstasyrealty.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your favorite foreign travel stories

Post by hoogie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:05 am

I've been fortunate to visit Holland, Dominican Republic, and for the past three years in a row, I've been to Orlando.

I don't have any weird stories about travelling, but my most memorable trip was going to Holland with my entire family.  There were parents, siblings, step-siblings, even my grandparents.

It was really cool to see where they grew up, even the houses that they lived in were still there.  My grandmother delivered newsletters for the resistance when the Germans occupied them.

The architecture is amazing, and there's so many great things to see over there.  Cities like Amsterdam and Rotterdam are so unique and different, and the countryside is so quiet and peaceful.

I'd love to go back again.
hoogie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Harrington on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:28 am

ive never been out of the states hopefully one day!
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum