Spoiler Things
Welcome to the Spoiler Things forum!

Guests have only limited access to various forums on the site. Please login or register for complete access and posting privileges. Then then settle in and enjoy!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Staff Online Now

Friends List

Winona Ryder

Go down

Winona Ryder

Post by Steve Harrington on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Discuss anything related to Winona Ryder here!

Winona Ryder

Winona Ryder IMDB 

To discuss the character Joyce click HERE
Steve Harrington
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Re: Winona Ryder

Post by NerdyGirl on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm

I absolutely LOVE Winona <3 Always have, always will.

NerdyGirl
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:14 pm

@NerdyGirl wrote:I absolutely LOVE Winona <3 Always have, always will.

Yes!! So glad to see her again on a show!!! Always thought she was a great actress! Liked her in Heathers also..
jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by mrstrange on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 am

everytime i see her she reminds me of Beetlejuice!
mrstrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Hopper on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:40 pm

I never really appreciated how great she is in Stranger Things.. re-watching it now... she really stands out in a already very good cast.
Jim Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:10 am

"Starring award-winning actors Winona Ryder and Elizabeth Olsen, H&M's upbeat spring campaign reveals what's in store for the new season."

And some from the photo shoot

LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alabama on Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:02 pm

@LastSummersSweetheart wrote:

"Starring award-winning actors Winona Ryder and Elizabeth Olsen, H&M's upbeat spring campaign reveals what's in store for the new season."

And some from the photo shoot

I just saw this for this first time today. I'm really glad her career is gaining speed again.

Here's the BTS video Smile

Alabama
Spoiler Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:13 pm

LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Interview from H&M:  http://www2.hm.com/en_ca/life/culture/interview/winona-passes-her-wisdom.html

Winona passes on her wisdom

The icon opens up about female empowerment, the best films she's starred in – and the time she wore a $10 dress to the Oscars.
March 26, 2018

Winona Ryder has lived most of her life in the spotlight, becoming a household name at the tender age of 17 after starring in Tim Burton's cult classic Beetlejuice. While being one of Hollywood's most in-demand actresses, she's also one of the most mysterious and shunning ones, rarely frequenting events or appearing in interviews. She came of age in front of the camera, and later decided to spend years away from the immediate limelight before making her big-time return in 2016, as Joyce Byers in Netflix' Stranger Things.

With season three of the binge-worthy show in the works, Winona has little time to spare for other projects – but when the opportunity to partner dance with Elizabeth Olsen in H&M's latest campaign appeared, she didn't shy away.

In an exclusive interview for H&M Magazine, the extraordinary actress shares some of the things we've been always wanted to know about her. 
THE THEME OF H&M'S SPRING CAMPAIGN IS 'TAKE THE LEAD'. HOW DO YOU INTERPRET THE MEANING OF THAT? WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO TAKE THE LEAD?
"Well, historically, in terms of dance, and obviously other aspects of life and work, it’s been the man that ‘takes the lead’. So, my interpretation was that this was much more a celebration of women doing that. And doing it for and with themselves, not as a performance for the men to watch, but for them to enjoy. Which was refreshing. And, obviously, ended up being quite timely as well."

I’m also a huge believer in re-wearing clothes. I hate this idea that you can only wear or be photographed in something once.

WINONA RYDER

THERE'S A LOT OF (RATHER: ONLY) DANCING IN THE COMMERCIAL. WHAT SONG TAKES YOU IMMEDIATELY TO THE DANCEFLOOR?
"I’m not really a dancer. Although, I do love partner dancing. I grew up going to live music shows, where you're pretty cramped up against each other, and the only thing you can move is your head. I love music. But, unless it’s Duke Ellington or Glenn Miller or something, I usually don’t dance."

IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GIVE YOUR 15-YEAR-OLD SELF ONE PIECE OF ADVICE. WHAT WOULD IT BE?
"Probably not much. I was incredibly lucky to have been raised by incredible people, who were extremely protective of me, and who really instilled a sense of individualism in me and taught me to embrace my interests. I was shooting Beetlejuice when I was 15 – so I was pretty much having the time of my life."

OUT OF ALL THE FILMS AND TV SHOWS YOU'VE STARRED IN, IS THERE ONE YOU CAN SINGLE OUT AS YOUR FAVOURITE?
"That’s very hard. I certainly have a soft spot for the films I did with Tim Burton and, of course, Heathers. But also The Age of Innocence and The Crucible. Little Women. Girl, Interrupted. Man, it’s too hard to pick just one. I’ve been so incredibly lucky. Jim Jarmusch’s Night on Earth."

YOU'RE CONSIDERED ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL STYLE STARS OF THE '90S. WHAT'S YOUR ALL-TIME FAVOURITE TREND?
"I don’t know much about trends. Never really followed them." 

YOU'VE SPORTED SO MANY DIFFERENT STYLES OVER THE YEARS. FROM BASEBALL CAPS AND OVERSIZED BLAZERS TO LEATHER JACKETS AND BAND TEES TO A RUMOURED 10 DOLLAR OSCARS DRESS. CAN YOU PINPOINT ONE – OR SOME OF – YOUR BEST STYLE MOMENTS?
"Oh god no. I don’t look at myself that way. Although, I’ve always loved vintage clothes. And have worn them a lot (to events). I’m also a huge believer in re-wearing clothes. I hate this idea that you can only wear or be photographed in something once. It’s ridiculous."

DID YOU ACTUALLY WEAR A 10 DOLLAR DRESS TO THE OSCARS?
"Well, it was $9.99, actually. Plus tax."

DO YOU HAVE ANY STYLE REGRETS?
"I’m sure I do. But I don’t exactly scroll through photos of myself to find out, thank god."

YOU'VE BEEN A PUBLIC PERSON FOR DECADES. WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT WORKING? HOW DO YOU UNWIND?
"Read. Watch movies. Spend time with the people I love."

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE (AT LEAST NOT PUBLICALLY). WHY NOT? DO YOU FEEL YOU'RE MISSING OUT OR ARE YOU HAPPILY NOT A PART OF IT?
"No, I’m not on social media. And, to be totally honest, I’m perfectly happy with that. I’m just a really private person."

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD?
"I have no idea how to answer this."

WINONA'S FAVOURITE....

CITIES... "San Francisco, Dublin, New York."

FILMS... "Bridge on the River Kwai, Sullivan’s Travels, Pickup on South Street, The Pawnbroker, any Sidney Lumet film, Hal Ashby, Cassavetes, Wyler, Wilder, The Counterfeiters, and there’s a Japanese film that’s a favourite of mine called After Life directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda. And anything with Barbara Stanwyck or William Holden."

BOOKS... "American Pastoral by Philip Roth, Lie Down in Darkness by William Styron, (and Darkness Visible), Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison, Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin, Gravity’s Rainbow by Pynchon, Stoner by John Edward Williams, Scoundrel Time by Lillian Hellman, Rabbit Run by Updike (the whole Rabbit series). I love all Saul Bellow’s books, and Nabokov. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, As I Lay Dying by Faulkner, I love Louise Erdrich and Zadie Smith... Dave Eggers. Anything by Salinger. I’m sure I’m leaving out some really big ones. I do like to read."

MUSIC... "Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, The Replacements, The Pixies, The Clash."
LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LastSummersSweetheart on Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm

LastSummersSweetheart
Content Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content